Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Week 30

Baby shower DONE!!!

So much work to reach the date and finally the day has passed. We are extremely thankful for all our family and friends who were able to make it. We know how blessed we are but when it comes to these gatherings we are truly astonished and delighted to see everyone show up for us. Thank you is such an understatement compared to how we feel now. For Oliver's baby shower we had to cut back on a LOT of invites. Imagine, Jaidens baby shower we had 180 on the list (and we cut people there also). Between Ricky and I we are blessed with a HUGE family but that's where the hard part comes in, we want to always invite everyone including our friends but it's so tough. This time I kept the list to 100 people and trust me I hated it. Between both grandmothers telling me they felt bad for not inviting a certain family member or their friends it was quite stressful. Ricky didn't want a baby shower, thought of having a get together instead but we had one so that the family can partake in baby Oli's pre-life party. 

Let me tell you, we aren't planning another kid but if it ever happens no more baby showers. Not only is it tacky if we were to have 3 but the stress is absolutely not worth it. 

Although, I must say I could be able to take on event planning everything came out spectacular! 






We basically got everything we asked for 🎉 and we are soooooo thankful. Starting over again with a brand new bundle of joy will not be easy but we are happy we waited. Jaiden is so excited and he understands he will be a big brother and wants to take up on a lot of responsibilities. 

I don't get the measurements sometimes but supposedly little booger is as big as a cucumber this week. He measures somewhere between 15.2 - 16.7" and may be somewhere along the lines of 2.5-3.8 lbs. 

His skin is getting smoother and he is starting to hiccup, actually I did feel the hiccups last week. We he getting stronger and is able to grasp things. Only less than 10 weeks left and the shortness of breath and cramping seem to be all I am getting. No swelling thank god nor heartburn. Braxton hicks are no joke, my dr said 5 within the hour and straight to the hospital. Yesterday came close, I had 4 in an hour o_o. 






No comments:

Post a Comment